Our guiding principle:
What is the CAAP?
The Centre d’assistance et d’accompagnement aux plaintes – Laval is a community organization where you can obtain all the assistance and support needed to submit your complaint. We are independent from the Health and Social Services and totally unprejudiced towards users. Our services are free and confidential.
Our role is not to process complaints, but rather to assist the residents of Laval or any other person dissatisfied with the care received in a Laval institution. Contact us to obtain the help and support necessary while undertaking your process.
With you, all the way through!
THE CAAP LAVAL IS COMMITTED
TO ITS USERS
Our guiding principle is “RESPECT” – respect for the users, respect for each other, and respect for the community.
- Be respectful of users in their process, their autonomy, competencies, and values.
- Respect the needs, choices, rhythm, life experience, and journey of each user.
- Be polite and courteous in every interaction.
- Consider the user as the best resource and remain attentive throughout the process.
- Encourage user participation, while recognizing their potential and limitations.
- Provide our services free of charge to users who request them.
ACCESSIBILITY AND AVAILABILITY
- Provide easy access to our services within a reasonable time delay.
- Promote a global and positive approach of the individual.
- Recognize their freedom of conscience, religion, beliefs, opinions, and expression in accordance with the Québec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.
QUALITY SERVICES AND RESPECT FOR OUR MANDATE
- Guarantee continued improvement of our services.
- Intervene within the scope of our mandate.
- Guide users towards resources that best suit their particular needs.
- Do not disclose information about the user to a third party, unless the user has given their consent to do so.
- Destroy every confidential document in a secure way.
THE USER’S COMMITMENT
TO THE CAAP LAVAL
- Be respectful towards CAAP Laval employees at all times.
- Do not verbally, physically, psychologically, or sexually harass any of the employees of the CAAP Laval.
- Provide the information necessary and relevant to file a complaint.
- Respect the organization’s mandate and limitations.
- Request additional information to better understand all of the aspects of their file.
- Show appreciation for services rendered.
- Be courteous and polite towards CAAP employees.